If you are a creative person full of ideas, Pinterest is the social network for you. Better known as a “virtual board”, totally audiovisual, striking and personalized, because you will find how the tastes of others are shared among users of this platform.
According to statistics, it has about 200 million users worldwide, with women predominating.
This platform allows to connect with artists, or people who are starting with projects and develop their ideas through videos, images, photos, designs, illustrations and computer graphics.
Curiosity: Why is it called Pinterest?
Its three creators, Ben Silbermann, Paul Sciarra, and Evan Sharp, began to design Pinterest in 2009, inspired by how women digitally store a piece of clothing that they like and then buy it.
So the first version of what would be this wonderful social network, was a private network that was only accessed by the invitation of its creators. It was growing and having a lot of boom until it became what we know today as Pinterest, officially launched in 2011.
The idea is to have the feeling of hanging photos, memories or ideas on a wall cork with a pin. That$0027s why its name is derived from Pin, which would be marking something interesting with a pin.
Advantages and disadvantages of logging into Pinterest
- Viral content: Pinterest is growing so much that you have the opportunity to go viral on the web.
- Scope: If you are a company or freelancer, Pinterest is a platform to sell your products, using catalogues, videos and eye-catching photos to catch the user$0027s attention
- SEO positioning: if you have an online presence and use this social network to your advantage, you will appear among the first results in search engines and have more options to get customers or audience
- It works easily: it is not complicated to use and you can choose what to see, when and how.
- More passion and less pretension: The platform is characterized by sharing people$0027s tastes, that makes it real and simple.
Disadvantages of Pinterest:
- Generate spam: It can happen that instead of positioning yourself in Google as the best, you generate rejection for having too much presence on the web. There must be a balance.
- Easy to copy: Your only visual objective can be copied by other companies and leave behind a social network that is currently among the best.
- It$0027s addictive: It$0027s time-consuming because there$0027s so much content to see.
Pinterest in English enter : There are two ways to enter the platform.
First you must enter the official website. You can do it using any browser and put the word “Pinterest” and click on the first result.
You can also enter by placing the URL of the page directly, which in this case would be Pinterest.com, click and the website will direct you directly to the home page.
There you will see several options to sign in, you can do it from Google, Facebook or Twitter. You can also do it in the traditional way that would be writing your email, plus the password and proceed to sign in.
Pinterest / Login: Forgot your password?
Don$0027t worry, it$0027s very common for this to happen. To do so, just log in to the Pinterest homepage in the way you prefer.
- Go to the box: “Trouble logging in?
- Enter your username or the email address you used to register and click on the “search” button.
- Then you must decipher what your account is and click on the option that says “It$0027s me” and then on the send button.
- Enter your email and wait for the Pinterest message that will contain a link to reset your password. Write down a new password and save it anywhere, on your phone or in a notebook, and you$0027re done.
Login / Pinterest in English: How to create an account?
The easiest way is to log in to the Pinterest.com platform and enter your email address with a password and then click on the “Register” option.
You can do this by linking your Facebook, Google or Twitter account, whichever you prefer, so you don$0027t have to enter a password.
- Themes: Select the themes you are interested in, so that Pinterest can create an idea of what you like.
- Connect with people from your social networks: You can let Pinterest check through Facebook and Twitter if there are people you already know in this new experience for you. If you don$0027t want to do this, no problem, just skip this step.
- Pin it: This function, in case you want to install it, will allow you to click on it or in Pinterest terms, “pin” something you like and save it. All you have to do is click on the button that appears above the image you want to save and that$0027s it.
- Start using Pinterest: Once you create your account, start digging, create a profile, explore categories, topics of interest, there are no limits. The platform has a similarity to Facebook and Instagram, that means you can give like to publications or share them with your friends. As well as leave comments and interact with all the people who make life within this social network.
- Pinterest gives you the option to choose whether you want a private or public profile, as well as the language, and to deactivate your account.
- Set up your profile: Add a photo of yourself so that people can get to know you better. If you have a blog or a website, you can put the link in your biography and leave a brief description of who you are and what you do.
- Notifications: Pinterest is always going to remind you of all the news and new ideas that are on the platform, however it is often annoying that there is one every time. That$0027s why you can select what you want to see and what you don$0027t.
- Download the application to your mobile: In this era the digital format for mobile phones is much more striking than watching it from the web. Enter from your mobile and enjoy a better experience.
3 / 5 ( 2 votes )