If you have already heard about the cloud and its many benefits for internet users, you probably already know a little more about OneDrive . For those who are not yet familiar with the term, there is nothing to worry about, here you will learn about the advantages and disadvantages of the platform, as well as how to log in to it, either from the web or on your mobile device.
Now, OneDrive is a cloud storage service like mega or google drive, but what is the cloud? It is a place that is not tangible where you save or upload all the files you want to backup, in case you have no hard drive, pendrive or your laptop, tablet, mobile device and even desktop computer has no more memory. In fact, it is much safer to save it in the cloud, because you would have no problem as you would with a hard drive, which if it gets damaged, you cannot recover your data.
In an era where the internet is our ecosystem, we need tools like Onedrive to preserve and backup our digital memory.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Onedrive
One of its main advantages is that you can save any type of file in the cloud, you can synchronize the files in all your devices and there they will be with the best protection of all internet, as well as ease to share all your content.
While one of its disadvantages is the small amount of space in its storage, it only has 15GB free initial, and if you want to expand the memory space, you will have to cancel a payment in order to enjoy it. It requires internet at the beginning to be able to update its tools, as well as to upload files.
How to Login to OneDrive
To log in to OneDrive just follow the steps explained below and you will be able to enjoy what this platform has to offer to safeguard the content you want.
It is important to note that if it is your first time on OneDrive, the platform will give you a small tutorial explaining everything you need to know about it, how to use Microsoft OneDrive and some tools to take into account for your experience is the best and you can get all the benefits of the platform. It is not mandatory that you see it, but it is highly recommended to remove some doubts and headaches later.
Can I log in from my mobile device?
This is a frequent question from all users and fortunately, the answer is yes. You can do it through your mobile device and all you have to do is follow these simple and easy steps explained below:
Please note that if you have an Android phone, you will need to open Playstore from your mobile device and download the corresponding OneDrive application.
If you have an iOS device then go from your mobile to the App Store and type OneDrive , choose the correct one from all the options and wait for it to download automatically.
- Once the application is properly installed on your mobile device, either Android or iphone, you will need to open it or press the icon that appears in your mobile device$0027s menu.
- You will then see a sort of welcome message appear about some information about OneDrive and its use, you can read it or if you don$0027t want to, you can ignore the message to continue with the process.
- Under that message the login box will appear, click on that phrase and immediately you will see a new page to start the formal process and login.
- You$0027ll see a box appear with a blank space in which you must enter your details and for them you can choose from three options, the same ones that appear on OneDrive from the web: email, mobile number or Skype account. Choose the one you want and type in the address. Follow the instructions and click the arrow to continue.
- This is the moment where you must type your password to enter OneDrive, once written, click on the Continue option.
- You made it. Now you$0027re in OneDrive and you can enjoy all the benefits it has to offer, starting with backing up all your documents, photos and valuable content.
- Please note that there is also a premium option of the app, and it has a cost. However, if you want to use it for free, just ignore the message that appears on your screen right when you sign in .