You$0027ve probably been told about the Networking platform, in case it hasn$0027t happened, don$0027t worry, here you$0027ll discover all the benefits this social network brings, how to Login to LinkedIn, register and most importantly, learn how to use it to climb the ladder and achieve professional success in your life.
What is LinkedIn?
Its creators Allen Blue, Konstantin Guericke, Reid Hoffman, Eric Ly and Jean-Luc Vaillant, decided to make it known to the digital world in March 2003 as one of the best platforms for professionals.
It is a network with more than 150 million users worldwide. In fact, its purpose lies in the meeting of professionals, self-taught, passionate in any area of work.
It is also a favorite of FreeLancers around the world because they can find job opportunities more easily, and LinkedIn serves as a platform where you can showcase your resume, jobs, experience, studies, display and demonstrate any skill set that you excel at.
LinkedIn: What is it for?
One of its main functions is to serve as a digital portfolio , it is totally practical for professionals in any area in which they develop. There you can demonstrate what you want, what you do and who you are at a professional level.
It also serves to connect with jobs, people and companies around the world, where you could get a job opportunity.
The best thing about LinkedIn is that it has no limits, everyone can create an account and start talking about and pointing out their skills and passions, show their work and tell their experience.
Advantages and Disadvantages of LinkedIn
– Connection with all without limits
– Meet people who stand out in the same area
– Job opportunity
– You show your experience in former jobs, studies and professional preparation
– Job search . LinkedIn notifies you in your profile if you appeared in the searches of the week
– It also notifies you through a notification who has seen your profile
– Your friends and colleagues can validate your skills to bring much more value and confidence to your profile
– Share your work with the world
-It gives you the opportunity to write a short biography so that you can tell everyone who you are and what you do.
– Messages: you can communicate with whoever you want through private messages, to say hello and to put your services at your disposal.
– Educational: LinkedIn is distinguished by the friendliness of its consumers.
– Share thoughts: Not everything should be rigid and professional. You can also comment on any work concerns
– Support: So far I$0027ve been able to see how everyone helps each other on LinkedIn, if you need to find a job, you can write a post with your skills, experience and some work. Surely many people will recommend your post and comment on it.
- Not everything is free.
- You can register for free and use the platform, but if you want to enjoy the advances or features of the platform you must pay for them, such as LinkedIn Premium
- Don$0027t give out personal information, it$0027s not suitable for the network.
- Because of its labor character, be careful when uploading your jobs and way of working because it can lend itself to bad intentions such as plagiarism, or theft of ideas and work method.
It$0027s as simple as any other social network, just as most are handled through email, Logging into LinkedIn does not escape that method.
- First you must enter LinkedIn through your favorite browser and choose if you want to do it through your desktop computer or through your mobile device, remembering that for this you must download the LinkedIn application.
- Then enter your email address in the login box
- Then, write down your password carefully so that there are no mistakes.
- Click on the option ” Login “
- There you go. Now you can enjoy all the varied options offered by this wonderful social network.
How do I create an account on LinkedIn?
To open a profile on LinkedIn you must follow a few steps and remember that in order to see results you must be consistent, and have all your work experience, correct data about your work environment, previous jobs and studies at hand.
- Go to LinkedIn.com: Instead of filling in the fields to log in, you will go to the button that says “Register”.
- Complete all the requirements in order to move forward in the process.
- First add an email, full name and surname, it is not recommended to place nicknames or pseudonyms in the profile name because the style of this social network, is purely professional. Finally, you only need to specify a password that you can remember.
- There you go. Now you can start setting up your profile and remember to be careful with every piece of information you give. Don$0027t worry if you can$0027t afford some LinkedIn features, your account is more than enough to move forward and enjoy all the options that exist on this social network.
LinkedIn is a window of opportunity, you should log in every day and keep up to date with valuable contacts. One of the best options offered by LinkedIn is that in its search engine you can find professionals in your area, as well as companies looking for workers.
Remember to add your work experience, and whether you can attach files as projects you have participated in, as well as previous work. Don$0027t forget to show your professional achievements, your interests and above all share with others, comment and recommend publications that catch your attention.
Finally, don$0027t be discouraged if you don$0027t see immediate results, in LinkedIn every success is built by block, it$0027s all about patience and perseverance, don$0027t stop posting or giving feedback to other users. Help and in that way they will help you, don$0027t be afraid to share your work, you don$0027t know when someone will see it and it can become the opportunity of your life.