Khan Academy: What it is, advantages and disadvantages, how to log in step by step
Khan Academy is created to universalize knowledge, to take it out of the classroom, not as an enemy, but as a reinforcement to education in the classroom. That$0027s why it works on a website, to adapt education to technology and global advances. Children can learn from home, reinforce doubts and even have a tutor to help them with their education, which is the basis – in many cases – of success in life.
According to the same platform, 90% of teachers in the United States have used Khan Academy to support their students in a self-directed and effective manner. It is the students who choose which subjects to watch, relying on videos, tutorials, courses, evaluations supported by experts in different areas and subjects, to improve their understanding of those subjects.
Moreover, if you are a teacher, here you can also contribute a grain of sand for the benefit of your students, understand what they like and what they find most difficult and bring them to the classroom but in a different, didactic and effective way. The best thing about Khan Academy is that it is totally free and effective, it contains libraries with great materials for the development of your knowledge and education. In this article we will show you its most promising advantages, its disadvantages and how to log in to Khan Academy step by step.
Advantages and disadvantages of Khan Academy
Advantages of Khan Academy:
- It is a totally free educational platform
- You can enter as a teacher or as a student
- If you are a teacher, the platform is an opportunity to find out what the interests of the students are and, in addition, what subjects and knowledge are most difficult for them to learn. This will help to reinforce the teaching in class for a better result.
- If you are a student you will love this platform because you will be able to learn in your own way and by will, you will learn what you are interested in, besides you will be able to easily and simply reinforce knowledge acquired in your classes to be a better student in the classroom.
- Khan Academy has a library of different topics, as well as assessments to test your knowledge.
- The material can also be found in videos for better knowledge absorption
- If you need a tutor to guide you in exams or to clear up any doubts, the site has tutors who can help you.
- Here, learning is your way and your time, without pressure and with the full assurance that it will be profitable for you and your future.
- There are subjects like math, pre-algebra, arithmetic, trigonometry, and many more like science, you just have to click on the one you prefer and select the educational range, if it is elementary or secondary.
- The knowledge, practices and evaluations to the website Khan Academy are supported by experts in the field.
Disadvantages of Khan Academy
- One of the advantages of Khan Academy is that if not everyone uses it, in the classroom you will see a big difference because the knowledge is individual. It is recommended that all students in the classroom use it so that they are on par.
- Some parents complain about the platform because it creates isolation, this is because the exercises are done directly from the computer, laptop or tablet, leaving the child alone, instead of being surrounded by classmates.
How to log in to Khan Academy Step by step
From https://gmailcorreoelectronico.mx we tell you that the first thing you have to do to start using your Khan Academy account and enjoy all the educational content you have to discover whether you are a teacher or a student is to decide which platform you can do it from. You have many options, from your Smartphone, from your tablet, from your laptop or from your browser, all of them are valid. However, this time we will show you the easiest and most comfortable way to do it, which would be from your computer.
Next, you need to enter your computer or PC and open the web browser from there. Then, you should type the name in the search engine: Khan Academy or simply access it directly from the link we leave you here: en.khanacademy.org
Now, you are on the home page of Khan Academy , one step closer to logging into your account and starting to project all your knowledge, grow intellectually and improve in the subjects you want. Below you will see three options reflected on the screen for you. Only you can decide which one is easiest for you.
The first option to sign in to Khan Academy is enclosed in a blue rectangle that says “continue with Google” that means that just by clicking on that option you will be entering your Khan Academy profile. However, you must first log in to your google account to be able to choose this first box.
The second option to log in is “Continue to Facebook”, which means you can access your Khan Academy profile by clicking on that option, remember you must be logged in to your Facebook account and if not, you have the option to first log in to Facebook to continue the process of logging in to Khan Academy.
Finally, the third option for logging in to Khan Academy and the more classic one is to enter the email address you registered with previously so that you can have an account at Khan Academy in the blank box on your screen. Once you have typed in your email address correctly and without error in the blank indicated, you should go to the second blank in the box to log in, where you should type your password to log in. After you have typed it in correctly, you can click on the grey box that says “Log in”
Finally, after clicking on the grey box, your account will be ready to use and you will be able to enjoy all the educational and entertainment content offered by Khan Academy for both students and teachers around the world that works as one of the best universal learning platforms. See how easy it is to log in to Khan Academy ? All you need is your email address and the password with which you created your Khan Academy account