What is Canva
Designs are part of the way we communicate, thanks to their shapes, colors, typography, legibility, composition, images and everything else that design encompasses, they convey an idea, a corporate identity, in addition to being the visual representation of a project, company or brand. It is as important as the words and how we say them.
In a world where the visual and audiovisual impact is increasingly greater, effective and immediate, it is no coincidence that more and more platforms like these are being created or that there is a stronger interest than before in design, photography and the visual power to communicate.
Just like the phrase: “If you$0027re not on the Internet you don$0027t exist”, now the thought becomes more about the coherence with which we speak and show things and that$0027s where design, logos, videos, photos and images come to life and importance.
Canva is a program on the web aimed at all people who need a guide or platform where they can make their designs without necessarily being a designer, in fact it is created for that purpose, like all good service, to solve a problem.
At the moment it is one of the favorite platforms of the users because there are many things that can be done on the platform like a professional, its multiple functions create quality designs.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Canva
- You can create one design or as many as you want for free.
- Canva gives you the option to use templates that are already designed by default to make it easier for users to create good, simple designs.
- With Canva you can design posts for your social networks, whether it$0027s for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram stories, banners, and anything else you need, like headers for your or your customer$0027s youtube channel.
- You can use colors, shapes, figures, icons, symbols, animations, photographs, illustrations, a world of graphic design at your hands to make your company a better proposal.
Disadvantages of Canva:
- One of its disadvantages is that the templates do not have guide lines when designing, these allow the designer to know the center and all the dimensions of the post to be designed so that everything is centered and in the quadrants that should be.
- Not everything is free. Canva offers better services as long as you agree to pay, otherwise you can only use their basic tools.
How to use Canva:
To start a successful Canva start, just follow and write down all these tips and steps to take into account every time you go to design:
- To start creating a design just click on the + button, right when you do you will notice that many template options are displayed, as well as templates for Twitter, Ebook models, or something more basic like wallpapers.
- Remember to use the custom dimensions option to fit your desires to the screen and achieve your goal.
- If you want to see everything you$0027ve already done in Canva, just go to the home page and in the left column you$0027ll see all the designs you$0027ve already made on the platform.
- It$0027s important for you to know that Canva has two versions. Canva 1.0 where you can share files, create teams for your brand or company and collect all the information there such as colors, typography, font size, logos and you can even upload and choose your own fonts in case you don$0027t like the ones offered by Canva. This free version contains up to two folders.
- Now you can create a design and choose the format you want, such as an Instagram post for your brand. Then remember that on the right side you will see a white box that will be your work area, and in the left panel you will see a magnifying glass, there you will find words of images to search and thus create free or paid designs.
- Canva offers templates that serve as a guide for the layman, also shapes, such as circles, squares, rectangles and triangles that give personality to your design, colors, letters, icons, images and photographs.
- It also offers very simple and fine or thick lines, it all depends on the style and what you want to achieve with the publication and your designs.
- You have the freedom to change the colors of the default template you choose, as well as the font, size and even the transparent background to give it a touch of authenticity.
- The backgrounds give life to your designs, in Canva you have a lot of choice, along with it you can choose the spacing of the letters for your texts, remember that the verbal identity is also very important.
How to Create a Canva Account and Sign In
The first thing you need to do is open your browser and type the word Canva or Canva login , then click on the first link that appears among the first results of the search.
The positive thing about Canva is that you have several options to register, the first one is with Facebook, you only need to click on the word inside the blue box, but you must have your Facebook already open to make the process easier.
You also have the option to register or sign in with Google, a very useful alternative because our account is almost always open on the web.
Finally, you can choose to manually register to start using Canva and log in :
- The first step for manual registration is to enter your name and surname, then your email address, and finally you must write down a password of more than eight characters and make sure you don$0027t forget it, the best thing is to write it down in a safe place.
- Now you can click on the register option and you will be ready to use and log in to Canva.
- Finally, Canva asks them a question about what they will use Canva for, the options are: Personal use, education or work. Choose your option and follow the first challenge to better understand what the platform is about.
It is very important that you open your email as you will receive a message from Canva with a confirmation of your account, so you can retrieve your password if it is forgotten.